greek newspapers and media
- To get an idea of current news in Greece, I would recommend:
- YEAR AT A GLANCE
- 2004, 2005, 2006 by David and Isa http://www.toutsurlagrece.com/actualites/info_uk.htm
and in french
- NEWS ONLINE
- * for anglophones:
- www.ert.gr look for NEWS IN 5 LANGUAGES at ERT National Radio Television (ERT= hEllenic Radio Teleorasis (television)
- Phantis Gateway
- eKathimerini.com (kathimerini is a newspaper)
- Athens News Agency
- Macedonian Press Agency news in greek, english, french, and russian
- The Greek BBC was excellent, but its function was terminated. They watch 'other' regions now.
- * for francophones:
- 2004, 2005, 2006 David et Isa: in french
- ERT Bulletin en Français
- iNFO-GRÈCE L'information francophone de la Grèce
- Les dernieres nouvelles Macedonian Press Agency news in greek, english, french, and russian
- * for germanophones:
- Athener Zeitung (newspaper online)
- * for russophones:
- Последние новости Macedonian Press Agency news in greek, english, french, and russian
- * other languages:
- ERT Noticias en Espanol spanish
- ERT Новини на бьлгарски bulgarian
- ERT Lajme Në Shqip albanian
- LISTEN TO NEWS ONLINE
- NATIONAL RADIO: ERA PHILIA (listen) broadcasts in many languages for immigrants in Greece, who grew in numbers during the last years and are now a part of our society.
- NEWSPAPERS IN GREECE
- Good greek newspapers are: 'KAΘHMEPINH' (Kathimerini=Daily). Traditionally a responsible centre paper (used to be more on the right side in the past). Its standard of articles is excellent, also excellent is the Sunday edition of 'TO BHMA' (to vima=the Step). Other popular newspapers are 'EΛEYΘEPOTYΠIA' (Eleftherotypia=free press), 'TA NEA' (Ta Nea=the News) etc.
Tabloid papers had not been a great success in Greece, initially. Yet... they are growing :(
- * Newspapers & Magazines by HR Full list of all language greek newspapers
- * Greek Newspapers online IN ENGLISH:
- Athens News
- * Greek Newspaper online IN GERMAN:
- Athener Zeitung
- BROADCASTING IN GREECE
- Radio and television in Greece used to be public-only till 1987. Private channels were received by the audience with great expectations. But gradually, they became victims of 'ratings', as it happens everywhere in the world. So, after all, National ERT (E.P.T. = hEllenic Radio Teleorasis) is emerging as the highest standard broadcaster, with 3 TV channels (NET, ET1, ET3), digital channels, numerous Radio Channels all over Greece, Library, the two ERT Orchestras, Chorus.
- * ERT online Greek National Radio TV:
TV: documentaries and newsy programmes at NET, Thessaloniki and lots of balkan news at the ET3 channel.
RADIO: ERA COSMOS devotes its programme to World Music. ERA PHILIA (listen) broadcasts in many languages for immigrants in Greece, who grew in numbers during the last years and are now a part of our society.
- National and private channels at List of TV channels in greece by wikipedia
- Check for: Mega, Alpha, Sky and ANT1, Star.
links checked in Aug 2007